Plug Power Rolls out a New Website
You may have noticed in recent weeks that Plug Power has a new website.
The first question that comes to mind is “why did the company need a new website?” The answer is growth! Since 2016, when we rolled out our last website, Plug Power has achieved incredible growth in terms of sales, new markets, and an expanded vision for our future.
Our own website reflected that growth, with large increases in the number of visitors, sessions, and page views for the month of July year over year. We’re also seeing more traffic via mobile devices, now approaching the number of people accessing our website from their desktop computers.
All this gave us a really good reason to design a new website – and we started working on that in January with our partners from Fishnet Media. After months of hard work, we rolled out the new site mid-July.
We had 4 main goals for the new site:
- Provide a platform to tell our story as the company building the clean hydrogen economy, positioning Plug Power as a $1.2B enterprise
- Provide a unique and informative user experience – and bring us current with website best-practices
- Make it easy for people to find us on Google and other search engines – 91% of our search traffic comes from Google
- Help people connect with us, whether they are potential customers, investors or partners
This is our new homepage.
Our homepage is the page most often visited and, if someone ONLY spent time on this one page, they’d get a pretty good idea of who we are and what we do through the story we tell here.
Each section will also lead a visitor deeper into the site if they click on it.
One exciting feature we were able to incorporate is our three trackers. We update total runtime hours and hydrogen fills on a daily basis and CO2 emissions on a monthly basis.
Our main navigation has buckets of information for people to find what they are interested in: Fuel Cell Power, Hydrogen, Applications, Media & News, About Us, and Services. As we continue to grow, these areas give us space to incorporate things like the new hydrogen and electrolyzer offerings we now can promote through the acquisitions of United Hydrogen and Giner ELX, the introduction of the GenSure HP product line, and the UAV and robotics fuel cells our Montreal office works on.
Most sections have three levels of pages:
– A top level page gives an intro to the section and links to the other areas covered, Fuel Cell Power, for example
– A second level page dives a bit deeper into a specific product line, like GenDrive
– And a third level page gives more specific information about a specific product category, like our Class-3 material handling fuel cells
This is true of many of the areas on the site. So have fun and click around when you have some time.
One other page I wanted to call out is our Careers page. It links to our job opportunities and is actually one of the most popular pages on the site. We’re actively hiring so please do take a look!
As we look again at the goals we set out to meet, I think we’ve done a pretty good job of getting there.
We’ve provided a place we can tell our story – and one that allows us to grow into the company we are becoming.
Finally, many of you know about and regularly use our company store. For those who don’t, the Plug PowerShop is the place where you can buy all kinds of goods and apparel with our logo and branding on them. The link to the store is at the bottom of our website footer.
We hope you enjoy our new web presence and it helps you find what you need to know about Plug Power!