Hydrogen Adoption Today for the Hydrogen City of Tomorrow
Our success today in providing viable hydrogen solutions for the fuel cell market sets the stage for sustainable development over the next quarter century. But there is much to be done to make the world more innovative, efficient, and environmentally-conscious by 2040.
Achieving the Hydrogen City Concept
Technology adoption accelerators are necessary to stabilize hydrogen supply and price, as well to bring down hydrogen infrastructure and onsite hydrogen generation stations. To reach the “hydrogen city” concept, a clean energy future where the world is powered by Plug, we need to develop a comprehensive roadmap to fund, develop, and implement a repeatable expansion of hydrogen fuel. Whether for e-mobility or stationary power, the catalyst to all of this development is affordable, reliable hydrogen.
Innovations Leading to the Hydrogen City
- Electrification of fleet vehicles and ports enable continued centralized hydrogen station development, which drives down product cost and enables further sustainable development in the hydrogen city.
- Demand for and advancement in renewable electricity and biogas drive down green hydrogen fueling costs.
- Affordable and available hydrogen leads to accelerated growth of fuel cell power in consumer vehicles, backup power, drones, and other vital components to a sustainable city.
- Central hydrogen distribution that uses liquid hydrogen for easy transport and a smaller footprint.
- Governmental policies that support hydrogen as a fuel.
The hydrogen city is not so far away. Continued incremental innovation, which is being led by Plug today, will make expansive hydrogen availability a reality sooner than we think.