Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Me: Chris Tully
IN THIS SERIES, WE SHOWCASE THE PLUG POWER LEADERSHIP TEAM AND REVEAL SOME OF THE UNIQUE PASSIONS AND TALENTS THAT FILL UP THEIR LIVES.
Chris Tully joined Plug Power in 2014 as Vice President of Sales, and today is responsible for the North American Material Handling market. He has nearly thirty years of sales and sales management experience in the material handling and telecommunications industries. This is Chris’ “Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Me.”
- I’ve been married for 28 years and have three children. Last year all three kids graduated; one from high school, one from college, and one from law school.
- I enjoy cycling. The year I joined Plug Power, I rode in the Five Boros Bike Race in New York City. One time I rode 80 miles in a 78 mile race because I missed a turn.
- I played college football at the University of Richmond. Go Spiders! I even appeared on an opposing team’s game program. I’m number 55 in the picture.
- In the 90’s, I owned a pager and cell phone business. My customers just referred to me as “the pager guy”.
- I used to be on the radio. I had a weekly radio show in high school and again in my mid-20’s.
- I have hiked the Grand Canyon three times. The last time was in 2018 with all three kids.
- I’ve traveled to all but seven states.
- I had a number of different jobs growing up. I worked at a gas station (it’s illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey), sold Christmas trees, painted houses, did landscaping, was a dishwasher, a bouncer, and worked for a well driller.
- During the pandemic, I took up the hobby of nature photography. These are two of my favorite pictures.
10. I still have two wisdom teeth, one baby tooth and a leather jacket I’ve had for over 30 years.