Blog: Andy Marsh Ranked Among Top Small Cap CEOs by ExecRank
Andy Marsh Ranked Among Top Small Cap CEOs by ExecRank
On Friday, October 10, 2014, ExecRank released its prestigious list of Top Small Cap CEOs for 2014. Selected after rigorous review, out of a pool of more than 5,000 candidates, Plug Power’s own Chief Executive Officer, Andy Marsh.
ExecRank is a research and advisory firm that identifies leading executives who have achieved the highest level of professional achievement and peer recognition. Among the considerations for selection were track record and experience, but also important were CEOs whose companies are in evolving industries, and who took bold steps to ensure strong market share growth.
During 2014, Andy guided Plug Power out of rough waters, significantly growing the company’s hydrogen fuel cell business:
- GenKey was officially launched in January 2014. GenKey is an all-inclusive package for customers, incorporating GenDrive fuel cells, GenFuel hydrogen and fueling infrastructure, and GenCare aftermarket service and support.
- Plug Power secured its largest GenKey order-to-date from Walmart, with a contract for over 1,900 GenDrive units at seven North American sites.
- Plug Power closed a public stock offering that resulted in $116 million of new capital for the company
- Expansion channels have been opened up geographically, and into adjacent markets such as transportation refrigeration units, ground support equipment and delivery vehicle range extenders.
“Growing companies always have the possibility of getting caught up in noise and distractions,” said Keith Schmid, COO for Plug Power. “However, Andy has done a tremendous job of keeping us focused on building a long-term, sustainable company that will serve as the premier fuel cell systems integrator in the world. The entire Plug Power team congratulates him on this major acknowledgement.”
Andy joins other elite CEOs on the ExecRank list, such as J. Frank Harrison III, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated, Tony Thompson, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. and Patrick Byrne, Overstock.com Inc. You can view the entire list of Top CEOs here.
About ExecRank Rankings:
ExecRank has created position-specific algorithms for ranking executives. These algorithms serve as objective standards for rating executive performance, and are designed to produce results that can act as leading indicators for future executive and company performance. These algorithms measure items such as:
- Experience in the role
- Business results during tenure
- Technology adoption
- Industry/professional reputation
- Peer recommendations and nominations