In this series, we showcase the Plug Power leadership team and reveal some of the unique passions and talents that fill up their lives.
Human Resources Vice President, Tammy Kimble joined Plug Power in 2019 with specialties in organizational development, talent planning, coaching, and staffing among other human resources capabilities. Here are Tammy’s “10 things you don’t know about me.”
1) I am addicted to HGTV. My favorites are definitely Chip and Joanna Gaines.
2) I almost won the pick six at Saratoga Racetrack having the first five wins and a scratch in the 6th.
3) I’m allergic to seafood. My favorite foods are pizza, ice cream, and chocolate.
4) I love to travel, and my favorite trip was Ireland. I also used to travel for work quite a bit and had opportunities to visit numerous countries such as Thailand, China, Japan, Germany, Hungary, the Netherlands, and many more.
5) I am an animal lover, specifically dogs. I have 2 rescues – a Chocolate Lab mix and a Plott Hound mix. Their names are Bailey (front) and Teagan (back).
6) My summer job throughout high school and college was a lifeguard. I worked on a beautiful beach on Lake Champlain which is where I am from.
7) I moved to Albany to attend Siena College and fell in love with the area. I have lived and worked here ever since.
8) I love warm, tropical climates, and hate the cold.
9) I played varsity basketball and soccer in high school and was the coxswain on the men’s and women’s crew teams in college. We won the Head of the Charles Regatta beating out Harvard and Yale one year – I think someone made a mistake.
10) I love to teach and am a proponent of education. I have been an adjunct professor numerous times at local colleges such as Russell Sage, Siena College, and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)